I’m a big fry girl. Which you should all know because I’m a big burger lover, and what goes better with a burger than fries!? Unfortunately, potatoes aren’t my go-to because they’re starchy and make me feel bloated. So I decided to make butternut squash french fries. They’re slightly sweet, crispy, and delicious. And so, so simple.
First, you start off with the basics – the ingredients.
Cut your butternut squash in half, scoop out the seeds, and cut into fry sized pieces! I didn’t remove the skins because I like that the skin gets a little crispy, but if you’d like to remove the skin you can! Just use a vegetable peeler to peel the skins off before seasoning and cooking.
To season, I coated in olive oil, liberally seasoned with salt and pepper and a little smoked paprika .The parsley was for topping!
Cook for 45 minutes in a 400 degree oven, turning once halfway through, and you’re good to go!
Next time you’re craving a burger and fries, don’t head over to McDonald’s, make these delicious butternut squash french fries instead! Enjoy the printable recipe below!
- - 1/2 butternut squash - seeds removed and cut into french fry sized pieces
- - 2 tbsp olive oil
- - salt, pepper, and smoked paprika to taste
- - parsley to top
- Cut your butternut squash in half, and scoop out the seeds. Peel the skin off if you desire.
- Cut into french fry shaped pieces or wedges. The thinner the better. Mine were about 1/2 inch.
- Season with olive oil, salt, pepper and smoked paprika...or your desired toppings.
- Spread on a foil lined baking sheet in a single and heat your oven to 400 degrees.
- Cook for about 45 minutes, turning halfway through.
- Enjoy with your favorite dipping sauce.