Spicy BBQ Ribs
Over the years I have tried to perfect my pork loin bbq ribs and I was finally able to do so! These are my delicious, spicy bbq ribs with homemade BBQ sauce. The secret to these ribs is really in the cook time. Pork ribs are so flavorful on their own, the main thing you need to focus on is cooking them in the oven before they hit the grill! Oh also, taking off the membrane is an incredibly important step. If you don’t do this…you’ll have tough ribs that are pretty hard to eat!
I started off with these meaty pork loin back ribs. I feel like these are more manageable when it comes to taking the membrane off. A lot of other cuts seem to have a tougher membrane that is harder to remove, so I’ve been using these.
First things first, heat your oven to 300 degrees fahrenheit. We’re going low and slow baby!
Next, I took off the membrane! I used a paring knife to slide underneath the corner of the membrane first.
Then I used a paper towel to get a better grip on the slippery membrane. Then just pull! Next, season those beautiful bbq ribs! I put mine on a foil lined baking sheet, then I liberally seasoned them up!
Then you’re going to wrap them up TIGHT with foil to keep in all of the steam. I use about 3-4 sheets to make sure every corner is covered! Stick them in the oven for 2 1/2 – 3 hours. At 2 hours, I take them out and see how they look. If it’s easy to remove from the bone, then it’s ready to go!
Then slather them with BBQ sauce and get them onto a heated grill. Delicious!
You can use any store-bought BBQ sauce that you want, or make your own from scratch! Check out the recipe for my spicy BBQ sauce or my whiskey BBQ sauce recipe. Both are delicious and super easy to make!
Enjoy with a delicious side such as my Avocado Potato Salad, or my Cauliflower Rice. You can also make some pretty rockin’ side dishes with Boar’s Head like I did here that are PERFECT for grilling season!
Just look at that sauce! Check out the YouTube video at this link !
- - Pork Loin Back Ribs
- - Smoked Paprika
- - Fresh Ground Black Pepper
- - Ground Cumin
- - Garlic Salt
- Preheat your oven to 275/300 degrees fahrenheit.
- Open up your pork ribs and dry them with paper towels.
- Remove the membrane and dry again.
- Season both sides of the ribs liberally. Cut back on the salt if you're using a pre made seasoning like the one mentioned above, because they already contain a lot of salt.
- Place ribs on a foil lined baking sheet and cover tightly with foil.
- Put the ribs in the oven for 2 1/2 - 3 hours.
- After the 2 1/2 - 3 hours are up, slather with bbq sauce and place on the grill until they get a nice char. Should be about 10 minutes per side.
- Slather with bbq sauce again once the ribs are cooked, and enjoy!